1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dez Bryant establishes the real enemy: The media!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Who knew, right? Very original tack for the Cowboys rookie to take after the hazing controversy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5413827

"I didn't know nothing about no tradition," Bryant said. "The only thing about me ... when I try to do something right, ya'll try and turn it negative and I don't feel like that's right. I'm trying my best to do the right thing but it seems like I can't do the right thing because every little thing that I do ya'll watching it and try to make a big deal out of it."

This probably irks me more than it should. Cowards. No better way to put it. Absolute cowards. Instead of standing up and either saying, "I should have known better" or, "I stand behind my actions," the guy takes the coward's way out, and rallies his teammate around a shared "enemy," a bunch of guys making $40K a year to do a grueling job. Yellow-bellied cowards.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if cowardly is the right word, but I agree that what Bryant did is bullshit. Either refuse and stand by your decision or give in. Blaming the media for his own issue is just ridiculous. Don't want the media to report about you causing a problem? Don't cause a problem, jackass.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

So he didn't carry some scrubs pads? Who gives a shit? Why this non-story is such a big fucking deal is beyond me.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The pads story and the aftermath shows exactly why so many teams passed on this guy. His talent is not going to overcome his immense stupidity and overinflated sense of importance. He just doesn't get it, as they say. It takes a lot to get me to side with Roy Williams, but Bryant did it. Congratulations, moron.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He's the perfect Jerry Jones Cowboy. An incredibly talented idiot.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Shit like this is why i hate the NFL.

Not the fact Bryant wouldn't carry Williams' pads but the fact we've been subjected to two days of analysis of the fact Bryant wouldn't carry Williams' pads.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Dez Bryant wasn't drafted to carry pads. The whole story is dumb.

8. outofplace

I never even heard the story until Bryant decided to be even more of an asshole and blame the media for his problems.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Roy Williams couldn't carry Dez Bryant's jock

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Blown way out of proportion. Who gives a shit? Honestly. I could care less. Heard it once and that was enough. The fact that we have a thread, a day later proves, this is just a joke. Way out of proportion.

11. outofplace

The thread isn't about the incident. It is about Bryant's asshole reaction to the incident being reported.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Dez Bryant is a man. He should not have to carry someone else's shoulder pads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.