1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dexter

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Elliotte Friedman, Sep 26, 2010.

1. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it. I thought it was pitiful, especially compared with the brilliance of seasons past.

The whole finale was contrived and unrealistic (more so than the typical Dexter episode), and I just thought the entire season lacked the fun and intelligence it once had. Season 3 was horrible, yes, but to me, this one was at least that bad. The only redeeming qualities I found were Michael C. Hall's acting despite a brutally bad season of writing, and Jonny Lee Miller as a terrific villain. It's too bad we only saw the dark side up close for about 20 minutes.

I genuinely am interested: What did you guys like about this season? Maybe I missed something or was judging it unfairly.

2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

3. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

she has to be one of the worst actors out there. wow is she bad.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

5. BUMP ...
    Sorry, I just finished the season via Netflix.
    I really enjoyed it ... The mono e mono with Dex and Chase during the swab was just awesome.
    My chief complaint was the lack of a backstory on the bad guys.. What made Eugene Greer, Jordan Chase? And how did he come to exert such control over his friends and initial victim?
    I thought the writers did an outstanding job with this season. I was impressed. I was really unsure where they would go and how they would it. But it was very good.

And it took me a few episodes before I realized Detxer was being watched by Robocop ... Man, the years have not been kind.

6. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

New season starts October 2nd.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

So. Giddy.

8. So I have to wait a year to watch it. Crap.

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I don't have Showtime. I will by Oct. 2 though.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

We love the show at my house. We just finished last season on DVD Sunday night.
    Now we must wait another year for this season's DVDs.

Great show.

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Can't wait for the new season to start.
    Everything I've read about it sounds great and the teaser clips are looking good too.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Just caught up on this season via DVDs. Compared to previous seasons, not very good. Michael C. Hall, Julia Stiles, and Johnny Lee Miller saved it with their acting.

While previous seasons derived the plots from the characters, this one was the opposite. Whatever way the characters needed to go, the plot made it happen. Coincidence after coincidence. They sure were lucky that guy transporting the barrels got smashed into by a drunk driver! Good thing that Jordan Chase didn't have his security guards around when he needed them despite the show making a big deal about his tight security! Thank goodness Dexter has a public-sector job so he can be away from the office so much without anyone questioning him! Thank goodness Lumen wound up becoming his ally so after he locked her in that room and chased her down in the swamp Dexter didn't have to do something other than what the plot required like kill her I guess! Good thing Quinn decided to quit caring about his quest to get Dexter just around the time Liddy found something!

The whole season was ludicrous. The Miami Metro Police Department is the dumbest squad this side of whatever that comedy show with the cops in short pants was.

Draft saved Draft deleted