1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Dexter" taking a stab at his sis?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by xX OnTheEdge Xx, Dec 20, 2007.

1. http://www.pagesix.com/story/michael+dating+his+sister

What's worse? Dating the "Ice Truck Killer" or the "Bay Harbor Butcher?"

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

God, how she annoys the piss out of me on that show.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Jennifer Carpenter is hot. On this, I cannot be dissuaded.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I won't try to dissuade you...but I will disagree.

Physically, she's OK. Not hideous, but nothing special. Her hair and nose bother me, but hey, whatever.

Her voice, however? Like acid on my eardrums.

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Carpenter doesn't hold a candle to Lila.

[​IMG]

Don't get me wrong, the sister is cute. There's just something about her voice that's like nails on a chalkboard and she acts like a spoiled brat too often on the show. She works for the Miami Metro police department, yet acts like a high schooler. It's one of the things I don't like about the show. And this whole May/December romance thing with Lundy, jeez, don't get me started ...

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Thank God I'm not alone!

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Precisely. There's no way I'm buying her as a serious cop. Not now, not ever. She's so desperate for a man's approval, be it Dexter's, be it Lundy's, be it the Ice Truck Killer...she overlooks so many danger signs for man's approval, and it almost cost her her life.

Stupid bitch.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

There are plenty of women like that in real life, though. And in many cases, it's due to some psychological trauma.

For women in real life, it's an abusive boyfriend/father. For her, it was that her father ignored her in favor of Dexter.

It's not surprising, is what I mean to say.

9. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

You can't argue with this logic from the comments:

"Are you outta ur mind , lol fools. She look sick though . So u doing hospital , acting up like J ripper fools. Well everything dont mean a thing if its aint what u want even when doing it . Dont matter if its done in d moon ."

10. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Damn, need to run that through Garble Fish.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

If you dig the TV show, I highly recommend the novels. I read about the TV show and thought the concept was cool, so I made a point of reading the books before seeing the show. The show covers some of the same storylines, but it's a lot different too.

There are three books, and each can be polished off in one sitting. If you like Dexter's wit in the show, it's a lot more prevalent in the books. I know I've drawn some strange stares at airport gates because I'm laughing out loud at a book that has dripping blood all over the cover.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Hall was soooo fucking believable as David Fisher... it's almost shocking to hear he is hetero.

Draft saved Draft deleted