1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dexter Season 6

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Oct 2, 2011.

1. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

It was sort of an inevitable plot line, given the way Dexter has his father in his head. There will be a season perhaps where the psychology's of Dexter's father in his head is explored in more depth too.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

With the major twist with Gellar and Travis, that came as a bit of a surprise - and like others I should have seen it coming, nobody's talking about the other two sublot twists that are becoming interesting.

The lab/computer geek that Batista's sister hooked up with has the evidence from the ice truck case in his apartment. Masuka is so wrapped up in trying to get Gellar that he didn't put the dots together that the geek could find the location of the IP address Gellar(Travis) posted from, could wipe out all traces of the ice truck killer evidence sale on the internet, but yet couldn't find the name or location of the buyer. The question now is ... did the geek buy it himself or did the geek find the buyer, pose as a police officer, and get it from him?

The dead hooker subplot is becoming more interesting as well. We knew last week (or the week before) after LaGuerta made mystery call telling someone the case was closed that it was the Chief she was calling. Now that Deb's reopening the case, I want to see how they all respond. LaGuerta got promoted to captain because she covered up the fact that the Chief's name was listed as a client at a whorehouse they busted. Now he's present when a prostitute ODs and dies and is getting LaGuerta to help him cover it up. I'm curious to see if Deb keeps her job and/or how LaGuerta and the Chief interfere in the investigation.

3. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

In other news, it appears Season 8 will be the last. That's just two more seasons folks.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Considering they didn't know if there would be a 7 until about two weeks ago, I'm not ready to write it off JUST yet. But I think 8 is a good time. I can't see how many more wells there are to go to with this show.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Yeah, I kind of wish seven would be the last season. I'll still watch, but it's already gone on too long.

6. imjustagirl

I'm so jealous of people just catching up. Friend of mine posted on FB that he just saw season 4; coworker is halfway through season 2 and ADDICTED. I wish I could rewatch season 4 again ... for the first time.

7. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

Wasn't too impressed with the last episode (no. 10 I believe). Kind of just waiting for them to wrap things up at this point.

8. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Same thoughts exactly. It was just a ho-hum episode to get us to the final two episodes.

I feel bad because I watched seasons 1-3, then stopped watching until this season. I guess I need to go watch Season 4 since that seems to overwhelmingly be the best season.

9. imjustagirl

10. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Two words: John Lithgow.

And I thought this past week's episode was pretty good. They're definitely setting up to get rid of another major character. Just hope it's not Batista.

11. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

I'll have to get the DVD, since Netflix no longer carries Dexter. UGH.

12. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Ho. Lee. She-it.

Draft saved Draft deleted