1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dexter Season 6

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Oct 2, 2011.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I said "Holy shit". That was crazy. My feeling on the season to this point - After 5+ seasons, I don't really care anymore about the office politics stuff, but the new serial killer tandem and the Sam/Dexter relationship have been well-done to this point and I'm interested to see where the season goes.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yeah, much like Grey's, I just don't want to see any more in-office swapping of relationships. Work incest doesn't interest me. But I do like the Sam-Dexter dynamic.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Agreed that the killing to end the last episode was indeed a "holy shit" moment even though you knew that even after Deb and the other detectives stopped in time, someone else would come running in and trip the wire.
    However Dex, a man of zero faith, going outside after that and spotting Travis right away seemed to be a little much.

The Dexter/Sam dynamic is a great one and one I hope they can continue to build on throughout the season.

I think there's no place else they can go with the interoffice romances. However the power-play in the office between LaGuerta and Deb has some potential. Straight-shooting Deb vs. "I'll do anything for a promotion or to help a friend" LaGuerta seems interesting.

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

About him spotting Travis, some serial killers return to the scene to admire their work, keep tabs on the cops. In Travis' case, he was drawn to that woman obviously. He needed to see if she made it. (that's the way I look at it at least).

5. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Mos Def is really talented.

6. EStreetJoe

I'm going by memory here as I haven't watched it since Sunday, but in the voiceover didn't Dexter spot him as having the look of a "true believer". As someone who is disconnected to religion and believes in nothing I find it hard to believe that Dexter picked him out of the crowd on that basis.
    I have no problem with Travis coming back. If the voiceover had said something to the effect of Travis having the look of a killer coming back to admire his work, I could believe it. However I seem to remember the voiceover speaking to someone who was a true believer in the message. That's where I have a problem - as Dexter wouldn't know the facial expressions of a true believer.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Well again, I think it had something to do with the look on his face. He wasn't freaked by the locusts and Dexter has spotted other members of his "tribe" by look before. Maybe he was referring to believing in the "dark passenger"

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

That bit to end last week's ep with the horses left me slack-jawed. Stunning.

Does it strike anyone else that it's inevitable he's going to end up having to kill Deb? Which would be a shame, because she's one of the most entertainingly profane characters in TV history. Still, they're passing her off as a great instinctive detective. She's going to stumble on a clue that leads her to him eventually.

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Tommy, that's the way I took it.

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I don't think Dex would ever kill Deb, which leads me to question how the series can feasibly end. Have there been any reports on how many more seasons they're going to do?

11. EStreetJoe

No reports on how more seasons they're planning, however this is currently the last season they're under contract to Showtime for and rumor has it that Michael C Hall and the Dexter production company want a couple of million more than Showtime is presently offering.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

[​IMG]

Pay the man, Shirley.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted