1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dexter Season 6

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Oct 2, 2011.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Two and a half hours out, and I can't freaking wait.

Just to whet the appetite...

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Just ordered Showtime. We've been just waiting a year and buying the DVDs. Can't wait.

3. imjustagirl

Oh, heavens, the DVDs are so much better. I started I think in Season 2, so I watched season 1 and half of 2 on On Demand. Having to wait a week between shows now SUCKS.

But welcome to the torment. :D

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Yeah. I'd hit it, too.

5. imjustagirl

I'm intrigued. I'm not as smart as most, so most of you probably already figured out where each piece fits. But I'm intrigued.

Dexter's little bits of humor in the dealing with Joe were my favorite parts of the episode.

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Great start to the new season.

Being Jewish, I'm not up on all of my images of Catholicism, so I'm guessing there's something symbolic in the pattern of the stitches and the fact that it was 7 snakes in the victim that they're missing (and I'm obviously missing).

I loved Dexter's bits of humor at his reunion as well, suddenly going from unnoticed nerd to Mr. Popular.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

The pattern was the Alpha and Omega. (this reference always reminds me of Jim Carrey in Bruce Almighty). The beginning and the end. And the snakes thing was explained in the tease for the next episode.

Yeah, great opener. And IJAG's right. I burned through the first five seasons in about six weeks thanks to on demand. Waiting a week truly does suck.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

eh.

always found her very strong from the neck up -- pretty ans smart.

but from the neck down, ms. stiles is built like a 10-year-old boy. very low on the 'hot' meter. mine, anyway.

9. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

Would it kill them to stray from past seasons' plot lines?

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

If this report is correct, it would kill the series if they don't ante up more money.
    http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/blogs/2011/tv-news/the-future-of-dexter-in-limbo/?cmpid=FCST_tvnews

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Pay the man.

12. imjustagirl

This.

Draft saved Draft deleted