1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dexter Season 4

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Sep 27, 2009.

1. BRoth

BRoth Member

I'm curious to see where they pick up. In a situation like that, I would assume police would only have to take a look at Dexter as a suspect, if only because he has access and what may be seen as a motive since Rita kissed the neighbor. It'll probably be a formality plot-wise, but I'll be interested to see how they handle the timeline and reaction.

Also, this is the first episode we see Rita's parents, right? Maybe the kids will go live with them?

2. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Rita needed to go but its a shame we won't get to see the new puppies.

3. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

I just watched it last night On Demand. Cannot believe it. I usually see plot twists a mile away but I didn't get it until he started playing back the message. Then, I knew, Trinity killed her. Unreal. It's a great bit of writing because it's going to set up all kinds of things for next season: he'll be a suspect, he'll have to hope he can hide everything as far as Trinity, etc. I'm guessing those older kids will go to live with Rita's parents as they really don't have that much of a tie to Dexter. And he'll be left with the baby, just like his dad. Will he start raising Dexter II? Guess we'll see.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Early on in Season 2 didn't we see Rita's strained relationship with her mother?

5. dmc

dmc Guest

The grandparents were their fathers parents. I dont know where they will end up, but I think they had a pretty close relationship with Dexter.

6. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Those aren't Rita's parents. I think they are her ex-husband's parents. Pretty sure she mentioned it a couple of episodes ago that his parents wanted to take the kids to Disneyland. I'm betting the kids stay with their grandparents instead of Dexter.

edit: dammit, dmc beat me to it.

7. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Played by JoBeth Williams

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Arthur Miller is overtaking everything. I just watched "Confessions of a Shopaholic" and every time Lithgow spoke, I kept waiting for him to say, "Well, Kyyyyle..."

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Admit it, you were just hoping he'd show his ass.

10. imjustagirl

*shivers*

11. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Arthur Mitchell.

12. imjustagirl

Dammit. I had a Salesman moment there...which is weird, since I've never read it.

Thanks for the catch. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted