1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dexter Season 4

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Sep 27, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That interview was great. Lithgow was like "I'm really glad i don't have to write next season's episodes..." :D

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That was the line that stuck with me, too.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

How in the hell do you top Lithgow as a villain?

I myself would go for another female killer and be sure the line, "Pardon my tits" makes it into at least one episode.

4. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

That is the greatest season-ending twist I've seen since the first season of 24

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Am I the only one who is happy that character is gone? And I'm not talking about Lithgow.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

No. I'm with you. Was ready for it to happen about a season ago. :D

7. Maybe there is no other killer next season. Maybe Dexter just goes ape shit and he's the one killing everyone.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

That was extremely ballsy. And I admit, I didn't see it coming -- even though you knew something was going to happen, because they went a little over the top with Dexter's "I'm going to be a new man" speeches and it wasn't going to be that easy. What a great season, easily the best so far.

That image of a baby sitting in blood crying is so haunting, and has been since the first time I read it in the book.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

That ending was shocking and haunting. And by haunting I don't just mean the image of the baby sitting there in blood bringing things full circle for Dex.

It was an amazing twist to the end of a season that I didn't see coming, but in a way should have because of how at peace Lithgow's character was at the end. It's as if Lithgow's character was at peace because he knew he had already exacted his revenge on Dex but that Dex didn't know about it.

Lithgow as a villain cannot be topped.

I didn't see the interview yet (hopefully it's online because it wasn't OnDemand following the episode). But thinking ahead to next season there are so many factors to cover in that first episode -- how Dexter's going to call her murder into the police, how the investigation will go since it doesn't fit Trinity's pattern (a mother in a bathtub), did Dex leave any trace evidence by the car (fingerprints on the hood, footprints in the dirt taking him away, tire tracks somewhere), how is Dex going to respond to having to raise three kids himself .... and the factors go on and on. The 9-month wait for next season will be brutal.

10. BRoth

BRoth Member

I've always been interested in the books. Are they a good read?

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Great read. Funnier than the show. And the first season parallels the books, but beyond that the story line is different.

12. My guess is Rita's murder will be explained away as the Trinity Killer trying to get at Deborah. Since she doesn't have a family other than Dexter's, he went after them.

Draft saved Draft deleted