1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dexter Season 4

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Sep 27, 2009.

1. The first two seasons were great. I understand that is where the book the series is based on ended, so I did not have very high hopes for season 3.
    But It was great. Fantastic. The writers did a fantastic job with the direction.
    I can't wait for season 4 (on Netflix).

2. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

There are books well beyond season 2, though I suppose they might not be the basis of the show.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm only six minutes in and it's BLOWING MY MIND. :D

4. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

Too early to talk about the first ep? I'm ready for the discussion to begin. It's my favorite show on TV.

5. imjustagirl

I say we go. It's been a couple hours. Anyone still reading without watching deserves what they get.

But needless to say it blew my mind.

6. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

Fuck yeah.

I watched this episode about a month ago and I still vividly remember the details. It was very well done.

Lithgow seems like an awesome villain, something I think any of us could have predicted had we seen "Cliffhanger." /sarcasm

Wasn't a huge fan of last year's villain, though he certainly kept me entertained throughout. This season looks much better. I'm pumped.

7. imjustagirl

See, I didn't enjoy last year nearly as much. Smits made me bored, all the time. I just didn't care, and I didn't ever see how Dexter would have trusted him.

But Lithgow? Just seeing the preview clip where they meet and shake hands gave me chills. And it's good to see Lundy back. :D

8. RayKinsella

RayKinsella Member

Yeah, coulda done without John Lithgow's butt (twice?!?!?)

Other than that, this will be a great season.

Still, every time I see Deb I want to punch her. Is it me or does she bug you? It's like she is holdig back tears everytime she talks. And it still creeps me out to know she is married to Michael C. Hall in real life.

And Laguerta and Angel getting together is not cool. They creep me out. I want to see more of Quinn and the hot tail he can bring in, not those two hasbeens.

I also thought the recreation of the opening credits was awesome. Could just tell Dex was going to have a bad day.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The recreation of the opening rawked. And I've been looking forward to the Deb-Anton-Lundy story line for months. They've stuck a pole up Quinn's ass, attitude-wise, but I so hope they give him and that reporter a love scene (as long as it's her ass that they show). I hope they explain how Angel and Laguerta hooked up. And Lithgow is by far the creepiest villain they've had, but the Season 2 one ("Pardon my tits.") is still my fave.

10. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

Did they ever really explain why Quinn was under investigation, other than the he said, she said crap? I know they showed YOuki in the opening "here's what happened previously" crap which makes me think it's going to come back this year, and Quinn is crossing some serious ethical lines dating a reporter and giving her info like that and just saying it's off the record.

I thought last night was terrific and the car crash at the end, I saw it coming, but it didn't stop me from holding my breath and immediately thinking "the bags!" I mean, we know Dexter can't get caught or there would really be no show, but I think the missing bags will be an interesting twist on things.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

That actress annoys the everloving hell out of me. She just has a way about her that makes me cringe, and her voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

Also, anyone who likes the show should absolutely read the books. They're great, and have a lot more humor than the show does.

12. imjustagirl

I just hope it's not like season 2 or whatever it was when his underground collection was discovered. They can't redo that.

Draft saved Draft deleted