1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dexter 9/30

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Oct 3, 2007.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Can't believe nobody's started a thread about this one yet.
    Best show on TV and Season 2 started off with the same high quality that made season 1.
    We're going to see yet another side of Dexter as this season goes on.

2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I recently finished Season 1 and have watched the first two of this season. This is a VERY good show, very well written. Showtime has some good stuff with Weeds (tho kinda lacking lately), Californication and Dexter.

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Kokane, how have you seen the second episode already?

4. Clever username

Regardless, hands down the best show on television. I'm not even sure I can discuss it rationally.

5. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I hope I'm not spoiling when I say hoo boy, is he in trouble now!
    Was shocked to find that Little Chulo (Matt Willig) played in the NFL for 13 years, yet I'd never heard of him.
    Judging from the smokin' shrink Dex appears to be getting in the previews (in addition to Rita), Michael C. Hall is making up for the hetero action he missed on five seasons of SFU.

6. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

downloaded from mininova

7. Clever username

The interesting part, of course, will be how he extricates himself from this and gets Doakes off his case. Obviously, he's not going to get caught.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Add this to the looooong list of shows mentioned on this site that I have never ever heard of, not even in passing.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

If you have Shotime, start watching it. If you don't get thyself to the videostore and rent the first season.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I don't know if I like the chinks in Dexter's armor. I liked having him as the master of his situations. There is just something unsettling watching him on the run.

But maybe the beating heart means we have the old Dex back?

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Can I at least get a basic plotline? If it's at all sci-fi I won't like it. It's why I fell off of Heroes.

12. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Dexter is a serial killer who works as part of a forensic investigating team. He only kills the clearly guilty who have escaped justice.

And then the hijinks begin. No sci-fi whatsoever.

Oh, and this is a very good show, but it's no "The Wire."

Draft saved Draft deleted