1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dexter 11/4 (Season 2 Finale Spoilers included)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Nov 3, 2007.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Re: Dexter 11/4

Have been really enjoying this season of Dexter but the last few episodes have made him seem awfully emotional for a serial killer. He appears to be struggling with guilt especially which makes no sense at all for a sociopath.

JR would say "Who cares? It's a TV show" but it seems like a bit of a cheat.

Thoughts anyone?

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

It's not a cheat at all. Dexter's character is evolving as he learns more about his past and who he wants to be. The season finale was great. Now I can't wait for season 3 next year.

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Sociopaths and psychopaths don't evolve. There is a fundamental flaw in their makeup for which no cure has ever been found.

Please don't get me wrong - I love the show and haven't missed an episode. This is the only thing that seems like a false note maybe.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

So maybe he's NOT a psychopath. Maybe he's realizing he's been hiding behind that all along? Maybe that's the point, HC.

That being said, the finale wasn't what I expected. I felt let down. I thought last year's finale was fantastic...this one just left me wanting more. I don't know what I expected or needed, but it just felt wrong.

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I liked that they took care of Dokes within the first 10 minutes and didnt draw it out the entire episode.

But, it wasn't has good as last season's finale.

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I thought about that but it seems unlikely. Enjoying killing people in gruesome fashion isn't something one normally 'gets over', if you know what I mean.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I don't have Showtime and am anxiously awaiting season 2's arrival in the stores.

How long does it generally take for the DVDs to hit the shelf?

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

http://www.amazon.com/Dexter-Season-2/dp/B000V86OKG

You can sign up and they'll send you an e-mail when it becomes available.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Sweet. Ordered season one for the wife and signed up for season two notification.

Thanks, ijag.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

No problemo. Love this show.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Forget the series. Read the novels.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Tried reading I think the second one. Didn't like it nearly as much.

Draft saved Draft deleted