1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Devin Hester, a Hall of Famer?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's the same thing for Fulton Walker. :D

2. Situation

Situation Member

What about Steve Tasker???

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I know he wasn't a kick returner like Hester but he was the best special teams player I ever saw. And not a bad receiver when they used him.

4. Mizzougrad96

Agree on both counts... Still not a Hall-of-Famer.

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Steve Tasker was good, but Devin Hester, more than any special-teamer I've ever seen, changes games. And he does that even when he's not getting the ball.

6. dpfunk78

dpfunk78 Guest

I think that's a fair comparison, and Tasker isn't getting in any time soon. So, should Hester just because his best plays end up on SportsCenter?

7. Mizzougrad96

Right. That's the only reason.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Brian Mitchell was a compiler. He's not 1/10th the threat Hester is. As for how much Hester affects the game, look at that return by Knox against the Packers. To even attempt such a ridiculous, draw-it-up-in the-sand play on the professional level is insane. But it worked for one reason: the threat of Devin Hester.

Comparing the impact of Steve Tasker to Devin Hester is asinine. Stop posting if you're going to make such a silly comparison.

9. Mizzougrad96

BUT THEY WERE BOTH SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYERS!!!! :D

10. You hear coaches all the time talk about the three phases of the game: offense, defense and special teams. If the people involved in the game value special teams just as much offense and defense, I don't see any reason players like Hester, Mitchell, Tasker or Ray Guy shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame.

11. Mizzougrad96

EVERYBODY GETS ICE CREAM!!!!

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The short answer is that coaches are full of shit when they say that, same with the other 99 percent of what they say.

Draft saved Draft deleted