1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Devils (on way to the playoffs) fire Julien; GM Lamoriello to coach

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Apr 2, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Who the fuck would ever work for Lou Lamoriello?

what a douche.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

This move should make the Devils the front-runners for the Cup. They've just become very dangerous.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Mikey Palmice? Whacked
    Adrianna? Whacked
    Pussy? Whacked
    The rat up in Vermont? Whacked

Anyone else Lou and Tony has whacked that I'm forgetting?

4. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Matthew Bevilacqua. Ralph Cifaretto.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Brendan Filone

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Jackie Aprile Jr.

7. Gold

Gold Active Member

I can't fault Lou for firing Ftorek, who was a horror, but spnited has it right... Lou is a total control freak. He fired Robinson late in a season.

I always had the feeling the Lamoriello thought he was completely responsible for winning the three Stanley Cups. Yet the biggest reason for the success was when Brendan Shanahan left the Devils and the Devils ended up with Scott Stevens. Scott Stevens was the reason and turning point for the Devils success.

I have been a Devils fan since the moved to New Jersey and I really feel if Lamoriello was skilled at making great moves, the Devils might have won another cup or two. I said that before on this board and somebody accused me of being a deranged fan - I might resemble that remark but I really believe he is a good but not great GM.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Devils have won three Cups, lost in Game 7 of another Cup Finals (Colorado) and had they beaten the Rangers in 1994, they would have beaten Vancouver for the Cup. That's potentially five Cups in 13 years. And they can win the Cup this year.

9. maberger

maberger Member

[
    Devils have won three Cups, lost in Game 7 of another Cup Finals (Colorado) and had they beaten the Rangers in 1994, they would have beaten Vancouver for the Cup. That's potentially five Cups in 13 years. And they can win the Cup this year.
    [/quote]

that's a lot of ifs. if they were prepared to beat the rangers in 94 they wouldn't have lost after leading series 3-2.

and his hiring lemaire significantly helped turn the game to slog-fest it desperately must recover from

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Hopefully, they quickly drop to second place.

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I gave this story some run tonight, in By God Mississippi, just because it seemed so odd to me.

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted