1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Detroit Real Estate - an update

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jan 19, 2009.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Run this google maps search and look at a satellite view and it's even worse
    St Cyril St, Detroit, Wayne, Michigan 48213

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The St. Cyril church in the 2003 picture is gone from the Google map view.

Did you do the street view? That is some wild stuff. I'm going to go on a virtual drive until I see a house.

Or get virtually mugged.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

If's about two miles where I went to high school on the other side of City Airport. Of course, the high school land is also one big urban prairie, but that was because the folks at the airport wanted to expand the runway and needed the buffer zone...

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Just went on the street view... wow...

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Street view is fucking insane!

I just drove down my own block. Can't tell if the Google black helicopter/car drove down my block before or after I bought my house as I have tons of trees obscuring the view and the vehicle in the driveway in inconclusive.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

On my street view you can see one of neighbors nearly plowing into the Googlemobile because he wasn't looking while he backed up.

As for Detroit and urban prairies, I believe Youngstown is one city that is actively trying to move people out of prairie areas and back into neighborhoods so they can basically completely turn over a neighborhood to Mother Nature, or at least make a big park out of it. Plus, they figure it will reduce crime because you'll have more neighborhoods with people in them, and fewer that look like they were inspired by "Escape from New York."

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

For Sale, $500 OBO
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

does the Batmobile come with it?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

This is a pretty good website showcasing the worst ot detroit.

seedetroit.com

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

A lot of those pictures are six years old. Strangely enough, Detroit has gotten better in that time.

11. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Interesting that Habitat for Humanity is getting involved in this stuff:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/19/us/19saginaw.htm

Draft saved Draft deleted