1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Detroit Lions win breach-of-contract judgment against doper Charles Rogers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Oct 8, 2008.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This happens all the time. I've got to believe that most of us who have been in this business more than a couple of years have had the redeemed/reformed athlete profile backfire on us. I learned my lesson a few years back.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Thomas Henderson, Napoleon Kaufman, Steve Broussard, Brett (gasp) Favre.

I would rather read about somebody's personal transformation than something out of the hymnal of Tim Tebow. That Daily Bread grew way stale before these stories did. If Rogers or any of the failed projects were truly honest about their rehabilitation, they would respectfully decline to do the story until they were much farther into recovery.

The formula might be the same, but they're not so bad if the color is decent. I mean, picking pills out of one's own vomit and reingesting -- that can make for powerful reading. Problem is, ESPN, as it is so often inclined to do, completely tarted the story up with the design.

3. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

A judge ordered Mr. Rogers to pay the Lions more than $6 mil. Wonder what the odds are of them seeing any of that cash ...

http://www.freep.com/article/20100406/NEWS01/100406046/1319/Judge-Ex-Lion-owes-team-6.1M

4. rube

rube Active Member

Unless jobs at Saginaw's famed 'Fashion Square Mall' pay more than I remember – I'd say zero.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Over/under on how much of that money the Lions get back = the number of 40-oz empties CRog has rattling around in his trunk @ 10 cents each. Could be 10 or 20 bucks I suppose.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The Lions can then buy 10 or 20 houses.

Draft saved Draft deleted