1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Detroit Lions win breach-of-contract judgment against doper Charles Rogers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2008/10/charles_rogers_must_repay_lion.html

Unfortunately, the salary cap relief will be limited to the actual amount they can collect from Rogers, likely to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 90 cents (if CRog can go cash in a dollar's worth of empties).

Still, a most wonderful precedent. ;D

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Does every insignificant Lions story have to have its own thread? This can't be folded into the NFL running thread? It's the Lions, nobody cares.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

This is actually quite groundbreaking in that the team's right to terminate a contract (and recover bonus money) due to drug violations is being upheld, and thus is significant in and of itself -- a booming cannon shot across the bow of thug dopers throughout the league.

In case you're wondering, Jon Kitna may not start for the Lions Sunday in Minnesota, dramatically impairing their chances to "win." ;D ;D

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Fair enough, but it's still the Lions.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

A similar thing happened in soccer recently. Romanian player Adrian Mutu was ordered to pay Chelsea about $24 million in damages after they sacked him for getting busted for cocaine use.

He is appealing the decision.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7440416.stm

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Lions and soccer?!? Good God, man, this thread blows.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I was going to put something like that at the bottom of my post, but I figured I'd let you swing away.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I'll give you a quarter if you would go back to beating up innocents on the politics thread.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

Ain't no one innocent around here. But make it $50 and I'm gone.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

They going to start Stanton?

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Why, you got him on your fantasy team?

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Who was the deer-in-the-headlights guy last week? Orlovsky?

Draft saved Draft deleted