1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Desk jockey needed in Tupelo, Miss.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by HejiraHenry, Jan 22, 2010.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'd love to ask Pitts what he'll be drinking in honor of the Winter Olympics...

2. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I know this crew. I will second or I guess third or fourth that the winner of this position is in for a quality job with quality people.

And despite living in Massachusetts, I do frequent the Mississippi-Tennessee-Arkansas area often - it is a beautiful area.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

As always, the blood of a drifter I found down by the railroad tracks. Everybody knows that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'd give up flying for a year to eat at Connie's Chicken, just one more time ... :'(

5. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Is Connie's in Tupelo? Those bastards didn't take me to a good fried chicken joint when I was in town? Pitts and Co. will hear from my lawyer on this one.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Right across from the hospital (on the other side), about three blocks from the paper.

They had this charbroiled chicken sandwich, that, when accompanied by onion rings, was probably the best chicken sandwich I've ever eaten.

Dude, Connie's is the bomb. You should contact your lawyer before his noon squash match.

7. HejiraHenry

Eh. The onion rings are the best thing at Connie's.

8. Faithless

Faithless Member

The drive-through window service is kinda slow at Connie's, but it gives me time to check out the nice looking girls working there.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I take back all my pre-2008 Halliburton_Henry cracks, but I reserve the right to reinstate them whenever I sober up feel like it.

10. HejiraHenry

Fair enough.

11. HejiraHenry

A guy called me when I was busy the other day, said he was from a little town in the region and working in another state. He told me he was going to get back to me and hasn't, as far as I can tell. If you are that person, call me back ASAP. I've been looking for your stuff and I'm interested in talking to you this week.

12. HejiraHenry

A little update: I have heard from several interesting candidates and I'm evaluating right now.

Tragic circumstances – the death last weekend of one of our deskers, detailed elsewhere – leaves me needing to fill two slots ASAP. As the job description is so similar, I'm going to work within the existing pool of candidates.

Draft saved Draft deleted