1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Design Your Perfect Bar

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 3_Octave_Fart, Jan 10, 2014.

1. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

As wide a selection of craft beers as I could get my hands on and a staff that knows them. My regular neighborhood pub has a pair of bartenders whose tastes I trust and I can ask "you have anything new?" and they can tell me in great detail what's on tap.
    Also a wide sports selection. I was in a Tilted Kilt in Clearwater, FL once and they put the CCHA final on when I asked. That was impressive. A part of that is also enough TVs that when someone wants to watch hockey while everyone else is watching basketball, you can put one screen on that and the rest of the place won't be up in arms.
    And something to bring in the slutty girls 'cuz that's how I roll.

2. joe

joe Active Member

Sounds like Booches without the snooker tables.

3. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Love that place.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

When I first visited Nashville in 2005, I asked for advice here. The best I got was from HejiraHenry: It's a dump, but it's a world class dump.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Word for fucking word.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Got tossed out of there.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

'

Reading the New Yorker at the bar?

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Just for being too wasted. I wasn't belligerent or anything. Just too many shots, too quick. Trying to top Hank on the first try.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

There's an Ale House near me that is owned by a nearby micro brewery, unfortunately it's merely a good micro brewery nothing more. They have 20-30 guest beers on tap, I had an Allagash Saison-rye last night. Another 30 or so great bottled beers. TVs all over with nothing but sports, unobtrusively placed in the dining room, multiple big screens a in back room for standing crowds and huge l shaped bar, 30 by 20 stools.

Food is very good, 4 different broths for mussels, jalapeño calamari, very good burgers. Standard bar food but done well. Not a steak place or a raw bar.
    Not a music bar, sports alcohol and very good casual dining.

It's everything you would want but it's huge.

The perfect bar can't be too intimate and dark, but can't be the size of an Applebee's

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A bit, I guess.

The closest real world example a lot of people might know - though I'm sure most bar goers have stumbled upon something like in every city - is the bar area of PJ Clarke's on Third. Minus the oyster bar, of course. I'd put a couple more high-top tables there instead.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Now you're my guy.
    All you need ever to have said.
    Shalom.

Draft saved Draft deleted