1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Derrick Coleman needs heart transplant

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Small Town Guy, May 2, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I remember hearing about heart problems.

2. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Wow. I didn't realize Vecsey's anecdote about Sam Mitchell was wrong, but I'm not surprised. Vecsey is horrible, just horrible. Poor writer, mocks competing writers in print, and as in the Mitchell/Andrew Bynum story, just gets stuff flat wrong. I never understood how he's achieved the kind of stature he has.

3. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Fuck ESPN. Looks like the Syracuse Post-Standard had it first:

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2008/05/new_york_post_report_on_derric.html

(And I don't care who had it first, I just wanted to slam ESPN for no reason.)

"You think I'm dead?'' Coleman said. "I don't know where (the Post) got the story that I needed a heart transplant. Tell everyone in Syracuse that I appreciate the love, but it's a false alarm. I ain't gone yet. When I'm gone, they'll have funeral in the (Carrier) Dome.''

Oh, and the NY Post updated its story (not corrected, updated).

Oh, part 2, Billy Owens was a bigger waste of talent than Coleman. Of course I was once told by an ex-NBA beat writer that Owens smoked more dope than anyone in the league ...

4. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted