1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Derrek Lee, Chris Young to face big suspensions

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Jun 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I'm buying a Peavy jersey right now. There damn well should be a lot more pitchers like him in the Bigs. I'm sick and fucking tired of all these prima-donna hitters "pimpin' it up" after each home run. What would they have done if they had to face Gibson, Ryan, Drysdale or Feller? Yeah buddy, you hit a home run. That's your job. Now go around the bases and shut the fuck up. [/expitcher]

PS - I have lost a lot of respect for Soriano now, too.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Oh, they've been doing that for about 20 years now. And each year, I get a little more disgusted.

3. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Derrek Lee is about 6-5. Young indeed 6-10.

Props to Lee for taking that load on.

4. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Despite Young being on two of my fantasy teams, you gotta remember that not only did he go to an Ivy League school, he also played basketball there. Translation: the kid don't know how to fight.

5. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I stopped listening right about here ...

6. The Commish

The Commish Guest

Even more impressive, 5-foot-nothing Marcus Giles diving into the scrum push Young away from Lee. It looked the tall girl was dating the short boy.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Good question, Hammer. If Peavy and the Padres were that pissed, Young should have taken a shot at Soriano either in the 1st inning or later in the game, where it wouldn't be so obivious. They were thinking that if they tried to take out Lee, the Cubs wouldn't do a damn thing to retaliate. It's long and way overdue for this team to have some nutsack and retaliate. All the "loveable" Cubs do is have someone Cadillac after hitting a home run, show them up, throw one up and high on them, and do other stuff, while they sit in their nice little dugout and take one in the ass.

It would have made my day if Zambrano took someone out on the very next pitch. He is the heavyweight champion of Chicago.

Buck, I saw the highlight a few minutes ago. That was intentional IMO. What made it worse for Young is that it was a 1-2 count. Just strike his ass out and go after Soriano. Soriano's been Cadillac-ing homers for a long-time.

ServeItUp, there's no need to apologize for your Princeton comment. If someone can't take it in jest, let them fester.

8. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

oh yeah, 1-2 count he did it on purpose

it was up and in and it got away, that shit happens

fuck tony la russa, by the way

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Hmmm ... sounds eerily similar to what Ted Lilly did last week. Yet he got tossed.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Man, why is everybody here perpetuating the idea that Lilly threw that on 0-2? I defended it then, just like I'll defend Young now. A pitcher's got to be able to throw inside, and especially with two strikes. It's a good way to set up his next pitch, the out pitch.

AP story said Lilly's pitch was on 2-0. That's a different situation.

(And no, I don't agree with the Lilly ejection. I'm just sayin', it's NOT "eerily similar." A 2-0 count is nowhere close to an 0-2 like y'all keep saying it was.)

11. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

lilly shouldn't have gotten tossed... but now you paranoid cub fans want eye-for-an-eye? jesus, the team sucks no matter what, no conspiracy needed

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You know, I had this long response ready to go, but it's not worth it. Agree to disagree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.