1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Derek Jeter's "The Players' Tribune"

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 1, 2014.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Gary Hoenig.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Jeter probably answered more questions this afternoon on his Players Tribure Twitter feed
    than he ever did with The Yankees.

3. Boom_70

Makes sense. Is that a guess or a fact? Does ESPN publishing even exist anymore?

4. Boom_70

First article from Russel Wilson:
    http://www.theplayerstribune.com/lets-talk-about-it/

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Interesting if predictable take on domestic violence, but a good editor would have told him to mix in the strategies he relied on to not beat his wife for maybe possibly screwing Golden Tate.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Golden Tate and his wife?

I haven't heard that one.

7. LongTimeListener

http://www.seattleweekly.com/home/952473-129/seattleland-about-those-russell-wilson-divorce

Then an odd thing happened. Without being asked, Wilson’s former teammate, Golden Tate, denied he’d had an affair with Wilson’s wife.

In four separate tweets on April 29, he stated:

“Btw the ignorant minority of people, bloggers and whoever else spreading ridiculous rumors should cut it out. It’s absurd the stories that” . . .

“Are being made up from whatever source. In fact Elise and Ashton are still incredible friends, as well as Russ and I.”

“I strongly advise the ignorant folks blowing this situation up and spreading this rumors to shut the hell up. Go watch the nba playoffs.”

“Finally, I don’t understand why it’s anyone’s business what happens in ones personal life. It’s irrelevant to his performance on the field.”

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Tate *is* on a different team but that's probably just usual player movement.

9. LongTimeListener

Is Jetes getting married this weekend? If so, he got scooped on it.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/10/03/derek-jeter-massive-party-okheka-castle-possible-wedding/

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Big get by Jetes:

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I was interviewing an athlete recently who was PISSED about the thing he supposedly "wrote" for Players Trib. They interviewed him, then wrote the essay (which is how I've always assumed 98 percent of them were done) and when it ran, a bunch if shit he never said appeared in the piece. He was not happy. It didn't become a big thing so he let it go, but he says he tells everyone who asks that PT makes up quotes. And this is not someone who cares at all about playing it safe. He didn't care that the quotes were inflammatory, just that he didn't say what he was quoted as saying.

12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Odd they wouldn't have run it by him for final approval. They have the opposite of a gotcha agenda. Any chance the player or his agent simply dropped the ball and didn't review what they might have crafted for him, but signed off anyway?

Draft saved Draft deleted