1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

derek jeter haters...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Rance Mulliniks, who is on the Jays' telecast, called Jeter out for making a bad baserunning decision with none out. I'm a total Jays fanboi looser but he was also safe.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

the fact he may have been safe is irrelevant to me. by all rights he shoulda been out by a country mile. very atypical stoopid play.

and yes, spnited, many dp's, another sign that -- despite running hard, per usual -- dj's speed to first isn't what it was. he is 35, after all.

one thing about the yanks' strong and deep lineup is that dj, cano and posada are three key batters who are extremely adept at hitting double-play grounders. very upsetting to father of shockey, bless his almost-80-year heart.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hey to an 80 year old a rally killing double play must be like their dick going flat before they hit paradise.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

no jokes about my dad's penis, please, boom. :-X :-X :-X

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Note: I said "80 year old"- you said your dad was "almost" 80 so clearly I was not talking about him.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

bullspit! :mad: :mad: :mad:

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Growing up a Yankee fan, Yaz was one of my favorite players. I don't know how someone could not like him as a player.

Loved George Brett too.

Not sure how someone could root against Jeter. Maybe he's doesn't have the range he used to, but he plays the game the right way. He runs out every ball (which in turn means that every Yankee does) and he's never been caught up in any scandals.

8. joe king

joe king Active Member

Let's see, the guy makes millions playing baseball, has four championship rings, is bound for the Hall of Fame and comes home to this after the game:

[​IMG]

Sign me up.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. shockey

shockey Active Member

wow, just wow. the ump's explanation on calling jeter out even though he wasn't tagged:

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/2009/07/umpire_told_derek_jeter_he_did.html

if true, this ump's gotta get demoted to relearn the rules, yes? ??? ??? ???

10. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Right there with you joe.

Jesus that is a beautiful woman.

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Is Garth Iorg calling tomorrow's game?

No, I'll never stop doing that.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

indeed that.

and she's 29 to dj's 35! mcnair shoulda taken a page from dj's playbook!

i keed, i keed, mcnair defenders.

Draft saved Draft deleted