1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

derek jeter haters...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Jul 4, 2009.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It's OK, AgatePage, I've never wanted to be with him ;)

Now A-Rod, on the other hand . . . like totally yummie!

2. Dude still sucking dick defensively? Of course.

3. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Jeter knows how to use his status better than anyone.

He is doing it the way it should be done.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

And has, for a number of years . . .

5. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Jeter still playing SS? When is the guy who plays a better SS on his sick day going to get moved over there?

6. KVV

KVV Member

7. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

oh, yes, this is entirely credible. ::) ::) ::)

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

As a Bosox fan, I've non-rooted for Jeter since he's broken in, but from what I've been able to read and see, he's one of the classiest baseball players I've been able to see in my lifetime. Maybe that's just a good publicist but its one damn good one.

He's fast approaching 3,000 hits which is amazing for a SS who has a lifetime average over .300 and has 4 rings. For that I cannot do anything but appreciate his greatness (aside from pulling those babes.)

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

JETER!!! DO IT FOR RONKONKOMA!

Truly cool people will get the reference... ;D

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

even an unabashed jeter supporter i must admit the one aspect of his game that has seemed off this season is his baserunning. i can probably count on one hand the baserunning blunders he committed before '09.

but he has matched them this season, notably misreading a short pop fly last week to get doubled off first and now this -- with none out, he tried stealing third and was thrown out by a wide margin. girardi ended up getting tossed for arguing to protect jeter, who contended he was never tagged, but that was by how much the throw beat him.

wtf? dj getting thrown out trying to swipe third with none out in the first inning? an atypically stupid decision by dj. maybe his mind's on minka? ??? ??? ???

more typical was the YES voices barely whispering what a blunder it was. and of course, swisher lined a single on the next pitch. oh, well.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Jeter also has been hitting into more DPs than ever the past two seasons.

Draft saved Draft deleted