1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deputy Sports Editor/Sacramento Bee

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Bill_Bradley, May 30, 2006.

1. Bill_Bradley

Bill_Bradley Member

Just to let you know, we finally have closure to our shuffles here:
    --Amhed Ortiz, who was in Fresno a year ago, was promoted from the desk to be ASE in charge of baseball and NFL.
    --Brian Blomster, who was one of the editors in our Folsom Bureau, was promoted to ASE in charge of preps and colleges.
    --And we hired Ed De La Fuente, who covered the Phillies last season for the Wilmington, Del., paper, as a copy editor.

I think I got to all of the external candidates. If I didn't my apologies, but thanks for applying.
    Bill

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

well, who's deputy dog?

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Ed De La Fuente is good people ... I remember him from my Arizona days, as I'm sure Bill does too. Nice pickup.

4. iancahir

iancahir Member

No DSE. DSE position is one of the ASEs now. So it's Bill, Ahmed, Blomster and Vic Contreras as SE and ASEs, Paul Bauman as copy chief. Me as departed employee.

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

The first post said you went to the Stockton Record. Are they at all thinking about hiring an SE there?

6. iancahir

iancahir Member

Nope. I went to Kansas. I wasn't DSE. (All due respect to Bill, but I wouldn't want the job, but that's a LONG tale). Barb Zumwalt went to Stockton as Metro Editor. She told me they're looking for an SE, but I don't know how seriously.

Draft saved Draft deleted