1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dept. of Homeland Security wants *all* of us on a no-travel list?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Nov 4, 2006.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Just a matter of time before we are all required to get a visa, or some other document, to travel from state-to-state.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's a 28 page document. Everyone should read it.

This is an extension of the regulations already in place for commercial shipments. So, in addition to applying advance manifest regulations to widgets, they're now going to apply it to travellers.

The document refers to preventing "high-risk travellers" from boarding the plane but as we all know, a combination of stupidity and racial profiling can lead to all sorts of fuck-ups.

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

If you loved America you would never leave.

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

That's a great point! I need to tell my brother that one. ;)

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Actaully, leaving would not be nearly as big a problem as returning ... your US passport alone would not guarantee that you would be allowed back in the country.

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

KC, I'm in the same boat as your brother, just remove the kids and change Japan to China.

However, because of the GOP initiative, I am re-evaluating things. Maybe I don't need to visit my in-laws. Hell, if they were rightious enough people they would have chosen to be born in America and would never leave!

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

That tears it. I'm driving to London next time.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I don't know if I could drive all that way. Besides, I've always wanted to take that double-decker bus.

9. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

That's what unilateral one-part rule will get you every time.

Draft saved Draft deleted