1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dept. of Homeland Security wants *all* of us on a no-travel list?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Nov 4, 2006.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Welcome to the United Soviet States of America, apparently.

If true, then there's no question: We have to fire them. All of them. No exceptions.

http://sianews.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=3023
    (currently slashdotted because of Slashdot linking to it)

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

There might still be a few minutes left in the fourth quarter, but I think we can all pack up our laptops and notebooks. The terrorists have won.

3. OK, here's a challenge to the supporters of the current administration. As an American, defend this proposed regulation.

These are terrifying times with regard to our civil liberties, and yet more reason for me to be concerned about bringing any children into the world. Does anyone else see this as a possible precursor to re-instituting the draft: essentially sealing the borders to prevent any young potentially draftable folks from going to Canada or overseas?

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Why do you guys hate America?

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

This is America. The greatest country in the world. Why would you want to go anywhere else?

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Unfuckingbelievable.

Throw the bums out. All of 'em.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

So much for going to St. Tropez again for vacation. Syria will do just fine.

8. And no matter what happens in Syria, don't tell the Red Cross because President Stupid is torturing people again.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/11/03/AR2006110301793.html

9. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Is this pho real?

10. Friend of mine in the ACLU says this is indeed "pho real."

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Seig Heil!

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Will America give a shit? It's time for regular people, outside of us media types, to start bitching up a storm about this shit.

Apathy about important issues like this are killing our country as much as the policies themselves are. People need to get off their ass and take their country back.

And where the fuck is the mainstream media coverage of this?

And yes, the terrorists have won. I'm sure the good folks at Starter already have a T-shirt and hat ready for Osama bin Laden to wear in the post-victory celebration.

This is unmitigated bullshit.

Draft saved Draft deleted