1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Depression, Part IV

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Feb 8, 2011.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Isn't everyone "mildly depressed" at some point? Is that the actual term they're using?

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That's what they were using during the program. I'm not sure they were using at a strict medical term, but they were questioning the use of drugs on people who weren't "severely" depressed.

It also questioned the idea that depression is a result of a deficiency in serotonin, which is what these drugs targets.

3. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

Smell the roses.
    Go out in the sunshine.
    Take a breath of fresh air.
    Right now some kid is fighting for his life in a children's hospital, and the Army of the Depressed is convinced they got it worse.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I got so depressed after watching their first story that I turned it off before that story came on.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What was the first story? It started late, so I turned the channel and didn't get back until the depression story had started.

Or, maybe you're just being funny, and it's just occurring to me as I type this.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

All I know is that Lexapro is a fucking miracle drug and the difference it made in my wife's life is stunning.

7. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Celexa has done the same for me.

I was right near the edge and with the help of my friends, family and medication I feel like a new person.

Draft saved Draft deleted