1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Depressing night of movie watching

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ScribePharisee, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm with you man...

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

United 93 is by far the best of the two films, not that WTC was bad by any stretch...

After watching those two, are Ordinary People and Terms of Endearment on the docket for the next movie night. :D

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Nah, I think he has Schindler's List and Holocaust teed up.

4. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I was working at the AP in Detroit that day and totally ran on automatic, trying to get members the copy and photos they needed, etc. As in every newsroom, the phones rang off the hook.

I don't remember feeling anything until I drove home. It was also a primary election in Detroit, so I had to turn around and come back to work later on that evening, but on the original drive home, it hit me and I just started sobbing while I was driving.

In some ways, journalism is a profession that doesn't allow you to have natural human reactions. You're too busy trying to remain objective to remember that it's OK to be happy, sad or whatever.

During the first drive home

Draft saved Draft deleted