1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deodorant? WTF?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

That was herpes.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Deodorant? Or anti-perspirant?

3. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

I do not wear anti-perspirant because of the health and cancer risks of anti-pespirants. However, because all organic A-P/D are of little more use than rubbing raw baking soda under your arms, I still wear P+G deodorant. Old Spice blue or green works fine for me and doesn't seem to affect the various colognes/fragrances/perfumes (depending on how honest any man is willing to be about it) that I wear.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Mitchum roll-on, unscented.

Quietly does a superior job. The Greg Maddux of deodorants.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

No spray.
    No gel.

The ones that are "just deodorant" make a lot of people break out.

The safest are just straight-up anti-perspirant. I generally prefer the same Degree that BuckWeaver favors....

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Unscented is key. I hate conflicting scents from soap, shampoo, deodorant, etc.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

My feeling is that if your body wants you to sweat, you shouldn't do anything to prevent it. That's why I wear t-shirts under my dress shirt on hot days or I change when I get to my office.

I'm a Right Guard Sport man -- the deodorant in the silver can. I've used it since they introduced the brand probably at least 20 years ago, and even though it is getting harder and harder to find, I have never tried another.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I guess it depends on how much you sweat. The whole time I lived down south, I wore a T-shirt under everything, even other T-shirts and probably showered four times a day when I was covering football practices.

9. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Count me in on Degree also.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I sweat like Patrick Ewing in a sauna, but I work an office job.

I walk to and from the train station most days (about a mile each way) and then from the PATH train to my office (a little more than a half a mile), and during the summers I go to work in shorts and a t-shirt or golf shirt and change at the office.

11. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

I use Speed Stick because it's the only brand that doesn't make me break out in hives.

Draft saved Draft deleted