1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Denver sportswriter keys truck, faces mischief charges

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jun 3, 2011.

1. gutenberg

gutenberg Guest

Guillermo ... you'd know what I'd mean if you had spent YEARS around this person ... be glad you haven't ... you ought to hear what some of the people who have worked with her and competed against her in the Denver/Fort Collins area say.

Her ability to stay at the Denver Post has nothing to do with talent ... think of another reason why a female might be keep a beat so long while being slightly below average.

2. gutenberg

gutenberg Guest

Well, if you haven't come across coaches that respect GOOD sports reporters, that tells me a lot about you.

Too much, actually.

There's a reason why coaches often tell other reporters how much they dislike her.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Y'all can talk bad about this woman if you want, but I'm not going to knock her.

I just got my car washed.

4. gutenberg

gutenberg Guest

That's solid, Ace ... well played.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Give her all the Game Day breakout boxes in the fall. Keys to Victory.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

so is character code for no-class trash or am i missing something?

7. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

I've known Natalie and worked along side her for over three years. She gets a lot of crap, and some people like to call her a cranky old lady, but she's actually a pretty nice person once you get to know her. Still, when I read this originally I was just thinking "aye yae yae..."

Plus, she recommended me to Versus to do a freelance column that worked out well, so I gotta be thankful for that.

8. gutenberg

gutenberg Guest

That's cool Matt ... actually good that you shared that to present another side ... a lot of us have the seen the weirdo side but not the doing-a-good-deed side ... well done, pal.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

There are a lot of good unemployed sports writers. For the Denver people to still have this loose cannon employed and coming into contact with the public and the teams/athletes she covers is unfathomable.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

This got resolved a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/28443805/detail.html

Anger management classes, restitution, community service.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

From the original story, she sounds like a nut job.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Anyone want to guess at the resolution if it was a male sportswriter?

Draft saved Draft deleted