1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Denver Post writer goes postal on ESPN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by beefncheddar, Jun 20, 2007.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

2. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

His screen test must have gone very poorly indeed.

3. Hustle

Hustle Guest

That dude needs some valium.

Is it that hard to take 24 hours and present a coherent argument instead of screaming and name-calling?

I dislike ESPN as much as the next person, but good Lord.

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Simply amazing :D

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

So what are the chances he and Woody are on good terms?

...and second, do you think Woody reads this?

6. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

:eek:
    Nice rant that probably sums up a lot of SportsJournalists.com Nation's feelings, but I'm afraid Mr. Dater just tripped over Leo DiCaprio and a deck chair on his way to the lifeboats.

7. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

That was to be the gist of my first sentence of my post as well, although I don't really even dislike them; they just do some weird stuff.

Unfortunately, while there are some reasonable points here, he gets so much completely, utterly wrong that it pretty much torpedos the whole argument.

Most important is here:

Well, they might not break everything they take credit for, but they break plenty, and they have some great reporters and editors there.

The rant's kind of fun to read, but it's so off target in so many respects that any credility is completely neutralized.

8. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Wow... um, burn?

I wonder how different this would have been if he stepped away for 24 hours, came back and did a little self-editing. I'm sure it would have made the same point, but perhaps, more eloquently.

Still... wow.

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

*Ding ding ding*

10. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

Given that he is not among those mentioned in Woody's "farewell," I'm guessing they're not going out for beers anytime soon.

The Post has sure made for some entertainment the past couple days, at least. ;D

11. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Well, that's because Woody was only saying those things to people who were leaving.

12. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Sort of a threadjack, but does anyone else think Woody looks orange most of the time?

Draft saved Draft deleted