1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Denver Post needs a weed man

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

(Or woman) to edit their new website dedicated to recreational marijuana use.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Failed drug test required?

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Nice gig, but the 4:20 p.m. daily deadlines are a bitch.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Westword has had a marijuana writer for quite some time. And he posts daily at 4:20 p.m.

But this will be an internal hire.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

First applicant:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Awesome.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Hired, but he needs two freelancers. Now if I could just get my resume to fit on a Zig-Zag ...

http://jimromenesko.com/2013/11/27/denver-posts-pot-editor-ive-never-been-a-full-on-stoner-but/

8. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

And I always thought that being the outdoors writer was the best job at a newspaper.

9. NancyLou

NancyLou Member

You guys crack me up, sometimes.

10. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I might have told this one before, I think so. Several decades ago, many staffers go out drinking and after the bar closes, a bunch of people light up in the parking lot. The newspaper's editor often went out drinking with the staff, but he wasn't there that night. He'd seen some of us toke up before, but I never saw him partake. So he wouldn't have been pissed that we were all fucked up, but he'd have been plenty angry if the cops had been able to incarcerate half his newsroom in one fell swoop. Which someone realized at some point, and we all went home. I think of that staff and laugh when I try to estimate how many would have applied for a marijuana editor opening and been able to an authoritative job. And the Pulitzer Prize for marijuana journalism goes to ...

11. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

The Denver Post launched its new site

http://www.thecannabist.co/

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

90 minutes away from legalization.

Draft saved Draft deleted