1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Denver/Fort Collins advice?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Jul 29, 2016.

1. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

You probably won't have time for it, but a drive to the top of Pike's Peak and back is a very exhilarating way to kill a day in Colorado Springs.

Vombatus likes this.
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, try the B Line. Parking can get expensive around the stadium on game nights if you don't park in a couple of the larger lots.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Shit, just now seeing this thread.

Do you like distilled spirits? If so, I highly recommend the Leopold Bros. microdistillery.

Leopold Bros.

If interested, book a tour well in advance. They fill up. Also, if you go, be sure to meet Todd, the mastermind of the distilling side of it. Tell him WOMBAT sent you.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Ok damn it mile high ....me and Mrs. Chef went to a place that serves unreal steaks.....from the outside, it almost looked like a trailer house......but you go inside, and it's a quaint little place with verbal menu only......best steak ive ever had, and it's not even close, but for the life of me, I can't remember the name of it.....

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Not Bastiens, though it looks like a throwback to the 1940s. General location?

And let me just add: Do. Not. Go. To. Casa. Bonita. No. No. No.

If you want a nice diversion, though you're not staying downtown, the Mint tour is cool.

Draft saved Draft deleted