1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Denver Broncos suspend Brandon Marshall

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Aug 28, 2009.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen a flamingo do anything but stand there.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Borges said years ago, on the radio, that Crennel disliked Belichick and was too timid to make his feelings known. He also said Belichick either fired or wanted to fire Weis when Weis' agent said they'd be exploring other opportunities after the season, but Papa Kraft made Belichick retain him.

If Brady Quinn never develops, some part of that has to fall on Crennel and the way Quinn has been yo-yo'd by that organization.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Apparently the Jets are interested in trading for Marshall.

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

La Canfora says that's not happening:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81254423&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Of course, we are dealing with Little Hoodie. Who knows?

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Donkeys are denying. Then again, Josh McDaniels denied he was dealing Jay Cutler, too.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

My Jets contact was telling me this two weeks ago...hasn't updated me since.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Jets and Vikings make the most sense. Chicago would too, except for the fact that with the Broncos getting Chicago's pick after this season, they don't exactly want the Bears to make that a late first-round pick.

If the Donkeys want a first and third-round pick, I don't see them getting it now. If the price has gone down, maybe Marshall gets dealt.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Don't forget the new team would have to fork over a big contract for Marshall, who is one misstep from an eight-game suspension and is coming off hip surgery and hasn't played a down in the preseason, so who knows how recovered he is.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

All this talk that the Broncos HAVE to trade Marshall. Same thing with Cutler. When did this happen? If every disgruntled, whiny athlete HAD to be traded, there'd would be 100 trades a season.

10. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Don't trade him, keep him on the bench. Teams still do that right?

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

At this point, what does McDaniels have to lose? Tell Marshall: Look, we're not trading you. Either play for the Broncos or don't play.

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

Has there ever been a scenario when a new coach comes in and loses his top qb and top wr before the regular season ever begins?

Draft saved Draft deleted