1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Denver Broncos suspend Brandon Marshall

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The only reason why they might not go 4-12 is four games against the Raiders and Chiefs. If they win three of those, they might go 6-10.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The Chiefs have a brutal first two months. If they don't beat Oakland in Week 2, they could easily be looking at 0-7. @BAL, OAK, @PHI, NYG, @DAL, @WAS, SD. Then the bye, then a Jacksonville team that will probably whip their ass, then the Raiders again before the Steelers and Chargers in successive weeks.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

He and the organization just tried to claim Kevin McConnell off waivers in New England ... only for the Lions to get him first.

Orton's finger is an open dislocation, and Chris Simms is still out with an ankle injury. Guess Josh McDaniels will give his ego a workout trying to make his system go with his quarterback.

Good freaking grief ...

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

It's going to be a pleasure watching these New England guys get their comeuppance. Big Boy Romeo already got his.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Romeo Crennel never gave off that arrogant vibe. He didn't get it done, but Phil Savage didn't give him enough to work with, which is why he's gone, too.

Charlie Weis and Josh McDaniels, to date, is a different story.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I actually think Weis could be in the NFL next season if Notre Dame turns it around this season, which given that schedule, could very well happen. I think he's better suited for the NFL.

Crennel was not as arrogant as the other coaches to come from the Belichick regime. He definitely played favorites and Michael Smith could have gotten access to anything while Crennel was in Cleveland, but to my knowledge, didn't pull nearly the amount of shit that Mangini did in NY (I've heard he's a little bit better now), McCoach has done in Denver, Weis has done at ND and so on...

I think it was during the Chicago-Denver game where the sideline announcer was getting injury updates that were "upper extremity" and "lower extremity" that just reeks of Belichick without the coaching talent.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The "upper extremity" and "lower extremity" reports have continued well after the game this week.

8. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

There's a 'sports writer' up here who writes for a certain newspaper who believes the Broncos should be 4-1 or at the very least, 3-2 five games in. Then again, I can't read his stuff without laughing midway through it since most of his columns are filled with hugs and kisses to his teams in Chicago and how he's a fan.

This paper doesn't cover the Broncos or even Rockies. I think the paper has a deal with the Post because any article related to those two teams is accredited to the Post. It makes me want to apply and get back into writing. But, it's all high school and stuff I would not want to cover (fly fishing, bike races etc).

9. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

A flamingo has a better chance of hopping out of my ass than the Broncos do of starting out 4-1.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Do flamingoes hop?

11. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I have no idea. That's what I do on one leg.

12. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Apparently, they walk. Posers.

Draft saved Draft deleted