1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Denver Broncos suspend Brandon Marshall

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Aug 28, 2009.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Not if they already have one coach still under contract.

How many more years does Marvin have left?

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I can't see the Bengals paying a big name coach.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The Bengals won't fire Lewis until his contract is up and they'll hire the cheapest coach they can find, almost certainly someone with no head coaching experience or someone who desperately wants to get back into the league (a Jim Fassel-type).

Awful franchise.

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I don't know if I believe Bowlen would actually fire McDaniels after one year. I realize that several good coaches will be available in the fall...I just don't think Bowlen will pull the trigger that quickly.

5. hacksaw2828

hacksaw2828 Member

It could always be worse. Bowlen could hire Rich Rodriguez who is getting ready to pull a Jerry Tarkanian, who bolted for the pros with the Spurs, after tarnishing UNLV's program. In all seriousness, what about Mike Holmgren? He'll be ready to comeback next year. And then he can be reunited with Favre after he retires again, only to unretire. Wayne Fontes is available? Tom Flores? David Shula? Dennis Erickson? LOL. Also don't forget about your DC Mike Nolan, Care Bear. You know just how much I think of him.

6. Mizzougrad96

Bowlen has a great reputation as an owner and I don't think is going to tolerate a coach who runs off his two biggest offensive stars.

He's not the type of owner who runs off a coach after the first year, but this might be a special case, especially if he thinks he can get a Cowher or Gruden. I don't see Holmgren fitting in Denver.

I don't know too many people who have had positives to say about McCoach since he's been there.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I saw Wayne Fontes in an elevator about 10 years ago and I don't think I've ever seen anyone who looked sadder.

8. Mizzougrad96

Wayne Fontes would convince Barry Sanders every year to go to ownership and tell them not to make a coaching change. The first year he didn't do it, Fontes got canned.

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

When Denver starts out the season 0-5, and maintenance has to put INVESCO tarps over a bunch of empty seats in the upper levels, McCoach will be McFired.

I honestly don't think he lasts the whole year.

10. mb

mb Active Member

If they start 0-5, they'll start 0-13.

I may be in the minority, but I think McDaniels is still Denver's coach next year.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

i hear rich kotite is still available. ;D

(sorry for the cheap shot, richie, but couldn't help myself)

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yup. The schedule is front-loaded with "should-be" wins, and backloaded. And there's a 10-game stretch in the middle where they could go 0-10. If they're 0-4 or 1-3, yeah, it will be an utter disaster. I haven't found one person around here who says "Yeah, it's going to be a good year" other than Bowlen a couple of weeks ago on the radio saying he thinks they can win 12 games.

Draft saved Draft deleted