1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Denver Broncos suspend Brandon Marshall

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Aug 28, 2009.

1. hacksaw2828

hacksaw2828 Member

Who is Marshall dating?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Actually, the only reason Shanahan is gone is because Bowlen asked him to fire members of his defensive staff and he refused. I think Shanahan had it in his contract that he had final say over his coaching staff so Bowlen had no choice but to fire him.

I agree that this may go down as one of the worst hires ever. He'll be in Denver for less time than Kiffin was in Oakland.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Those were 2 great draft picks. Blame him for the defense but you can't blame him for drafting those 2.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

This is going to be a Pete Carroll with the Jets kind of deal, except Carroll has actual coaching talent.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

If there's a woman out there with an ounce of brains, nobody. I think the reference was to the chick he was regularly pounding the crap out of of before she got the hell out of the relationship last year.

6. Mizzougrad96

I think it will be more like Cam Cameron's stint in Miami, where the entire season is played knowing the guy was getting fired.

I'm guessing the Broncos will be hiring a big-name coach during the off-season, someone like Gruden or Cowher.

7. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Well, he was acquitted of those charges. Not saying he didn't do it, or he isn't a complete shitbag of a human being. But I was referring to the girlfriend and her family trying to extort money from him...just messed up people all around...

8. Herbert Anchovy

MGrad --

Cameron was clearly in over his head, had no parts to work with and was a nonconductor of electricity if God ever made one, McDaniels turned a team into shit on arrival. Gruden would be a decent fit in Denver.

9. Mizzougrad96

Agree on all points. Cameron was there to hold a job until they could get Parcells or Cowher. He may have been the only HC ever who had coordinators who were better paid than he was.

I think the only thing that would prevent Gruden being a serious candidate in Denver next season is the widely held view that his players didn't like him.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Is Cameron even in the league?

Bowlen generally hires youngish coaches, all offensive-minded except for Phillips. Gruden is an Ohio native, wonder if he would take a look at Cincinnati when that job avails itself later this year.

11. Mizzougrad96

He's the OC in Baltimore. He may be an awful HC, but he's one of the better offensive coordinators in the league.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

i don't think the cheap ass Bengals would pay Gruden.

Draft saved Draft deleted