1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Denver-area freelancer available

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by SEeditor, Jul 14, 2009.

1. SEeditor

SEeditor Member

(Reposting)

Hello, this is Michael Hicks. I'm a 19-year newspaper veteran, based in Arvada, CO, a suburb west of Denver. I've been here for just more than a year and half and I'm looking to throw my name back out there for freelance opportunities, especially with football season right around the corner.

I've worked at newspapers in Virginia and the Carolinas before relocating to the Denver market. I'm currently the Sports Editor at The Berthoud Recorder, a weekly in northern Colorado. I've also freelanced for The Denver Post, Colorado Springs Gazette, Dallas Morning News, Sacramento Bee and Major League Soccer magazine, among others.

I've covered everything from preps to pros. Covered college football games last fall at Colorado State and Air Force and college basketball at Colorado and Air Force. I've also covered minor league hockey (Colorado Eagles), Major League Baseball (Baltimore Orioles) and the NBA (Washington Wizards).

Looking to help out with visiting papers and organizations that have NFL teams coming to Denver this year and college football teams visiting CU, Colorado State, Air Force and Northern Colorado.

If you need more information, feel free to e-mail me at kodeysdad@yahoo.com or sports@berthoudrecorder.com.

2. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

I've used Michael on tons of things ... his work and ways are top notch!....

3. SEeditor

SEeditor Member

Thanks, Dan. I'd be remissed in saying that I've also written for MinorLeagueNews.com. :)

4. SEeditor

SEeditor Member

Bumping this up with football season right around the corner. Available to cover pro and college football coming to Colorado -- Denver, Air Force Academy, Boulder, Fort Collins, Greeley.

5. SEeditor

SEeditor Member

Bumping again (is that allowed? LOL) with football season here. Available to help out at Air Force, CU, Colorado State, Northern Colorado and, possibly, Wyoming. All are within 2 hours or less of my location.

Draft saved Draft deleted