1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dentists suck.......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Aug 13, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I am a pussy in the dentist's chair. Numb me up and give me a cup to catch the drool in later. I don't want to feel a fucking thing.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Well....the numbness is gone......I can finally feel my face again.

Tried to eat a breakfast burrito while my face was numb....looked like a retard trying to eat a fuckin popsicle......dammit, I was hungry.

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I had a few root canal issues to deal with a couple years ago after a previous dentist pawned off a few faulty filling performances...

I had to have a crown lengthening in preparation for the root canal, and let's just say the crown lengthening was 100 times worse than the root canal. After the root canal, I was eating pizza as soon as the numbness went away.

During the crown lengthening, the doc couldn't get me numb and kept hitting the nerve... fuckabunchadentistry did that hurt.

Finally he just took the needle with the numbing agent RIGHT TO THE FRICKIN' NERVE... hurt like a bitch, but finally did the trick...

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

Oh yeah, Buddah?

Try getting your two front teeth shaved down next to nothing to get the bridge over them.......cold air hit those teeth, and I was a millisecond away from passing out.

5. Trouser_Buddah

Didn't know we were having a contest, but I'm out, you win :)

That just SOUNDS nasty... :'(

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

When I went in for my toothache a couple months ago, they said I desperately needed a root canal there, one on the other side and to have my wisdom teeth cut out because they were impacted.

So they did the first part of the one root canal that day, driving me to writhe with tears rolling down my face. Kept hitting a raw nerve. Gave me about six shots of novocaine. Finally, like happened to whomever above, he had to give me a shot straight to the nerve. Sweet Jesus, I thought I was going to die.

Four weeks later, it was finally done. Goddamn three visits for a root canal?

On the way out, he said 'Make sure to schedule your other one.'

Um, no thanks. I'll wait.

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

But look on the bright side IJAG.....you went home to the loving embrace of Alyssa Milano.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Oh, if I were only that lucky.

9. Trouser_Buddah

My experience was so unpleasant that I've put off getting crowns for my three teeth for about 18 months... Plus, I'm just lazy like that sometimes...

Oh, and my insurance sucked for awhile, too :)

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I was all fired up when I found out my root canal was going to cost me $850 out of pocket. Until my mom told me a crown alone in Kentucky is like $800. Mine was only $330.

11. Trouser_Buddah

I paid about $850 out of pocket for my three root canal procedures and the crown lengthening...If I sack up and get a couple crowns by the end of the year and then the other at the start of next year I could minimize the hit my wallet takes...

12. rascalface

rascalface Member

I get to go to the dentist tomorrow. Had a tooth blow out like an old tire the other day.

I think I'll cry myself to sleep tonight.

Draft saved Draft deleted