1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dentists suck.......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

Had a very small cavity on one of my top teeth up top......nurse gave me the q-tip full of the numbing solution.......then doc gave me two shots.......HOLY BAT-SHIT!!!!!!!!! Eyes starting watering.......now, I am numb from my mouth clear up to my fucking eye-socket.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Enjoy it for the next 4-5 hours. Just make sure you have a drool rag at the ready.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

If you're a smoker, wait until your face isn't numb to smoke again. I once tried and nearly ruined a favorite shirt when the cigarette kept falling out of my mouth.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

But remember, Chef... novacaine does not kill pain, it only delays it.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Damn, the last three times I've had cavities filled, I've done it without novocaine.

6. Norman Stansfield

Why on earth would you do that?

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I had to change dentists after my most recent visit to get a clean resulted in the woman hacking at my mouth like an angry construction worker. She was mad about something, and it wasn't entirely clear if I was the object of her anger.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

He's a Cubbies fan.. he used to pain and torture

9. Norman Stansfield

;D

10. Armchair_QB

They were real shallow and I didn't want to go back to the office with a numb face and drool running down my chin.

11. Armchair_QB

Well and that too...

12. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I've never gotten anesthesia for a filling. The only time I had novocaine was when I had a wisdom tooth removed and the novocaine shot hurt worse than any drilling done for a normal filling. It's really only a couple of seconds of pain.

Draft saved Draft deleted