1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dennis Rodman: North Korea ambassador

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Feb 26, 2013.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Dennis Rodman kissing North Korean dictator's ass = bad

President Obama kissing Iranian "President" ass = good

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What a silly comparison.

3. YankeeFan

Yeah. You're right.

Dennis Rodman is a washed up basketball player, with no power or influence.

President Obama is the leader of the free work.

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I love the fact that my favorite NBA player growing up is now involved. My man Otis!

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

"I had been drinking."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10267308/dennis-rodman-apologizes-comments-jailed-american

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

When you have to go all the way to North Korea to find a drinking buddy, it's probably time to think about giving up drinking.

7. YankeeFan

How much money did Rodman make in his career?

Where did it all go? Even factoring in divorce, child support, drinking and drugs, I'd think it would be hard to blow through that kind of money.

Now he has to travel to North Korea, not just for a drinking buddy, but for free booze.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

YF, he had a lot of hangers-on throughout his career, more than the normal NBA player. He also is a massive compulsive gambler (and in fact his trips are sponsored by gambling sites).

9. YankeeFan

Gambling will do it. Can lose a lot of money quickly that way.

10. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Bumping Dan's take back up because it gives me a laugh every time I read it or think of it.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Mr. Rodman, what did you talk about with the president?

You know, basketball and stuff. He really wanted to know what it was like to fuck Madonna.

12. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Not enough to start a new thread on N Korea, but I found this fascinating. It's about chocolate cakes and their influence on North Koreans.

They're little moon pies. I admit, the story timed well for me. I LOVE these little moon pies (Lotte makes the best) and eat one with my lunch every day.

And the day this story appeared, I happened to be in Seoul and went to the DMZ, which is where the moon pie exchange happens.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/27/world/asia/choco-pie-koreas/index.html?iref=allsearch

Draft saved Draft deleted