1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dennis Miller on Craig Ferguson 3.2.12

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Holy Shit.

One of the top 3 or 4 funniest bits I have ever seen.

I don't know what it is when comedians interview other comedians......

another example is when Robin Williams or Danny Devito is on Letterman.

I laughed my ass off at the Miller piece on Ferguson.

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Craig Ferguson is one of the funniest and wittiest guys on TV right now.

I haven't missed his show in 2 years.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Is this on-line anywhere?

4. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I think selfabsorbedobscurities.com has it.

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

The guy that uploads the whole show is usually a bit slow on doing it...but it will be on here eventually.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TVsCraigFerguson2

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

De nada

7. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I was propping Ferguson back when all the Conan yahoos were overrunning the board.
    Last night was interesting because Bruce was on Fallon so I was flipping back and forth.
    It's weird that the two 12:35 shows -- Ferguson and Fallon -- are better than the 11:35 shows -- Leno and Letterman. Fallon has really come on because he's getting good guests.

8. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I think there's something to be said for the hosts who can hone themselves without the glaring spotlight. Conan became very good when everyone counted him out at 12:35. Fallon was thought of about as highly as Carson Daly and Spike Ferenson when he started. Ferguson was just known as Drew Carey's boss who was slaving away in obscurity.

It seems to bring the best out of them when no one is watching and they have to build a core audience from scratch. Letterman and Conan now can just coast on that audience once it's built. Leno's the king of that. He was legitimately funny in the 1980s before he got the Tonight Show gig full-time and he's been living off that reputation as a safe choice ever since.

Draft saved Draft deleted