1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dennis Miller is no Keith Olbermann

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Which I pointed out.

Where I was going was one-time outspoken liberals/progressives who suddenly made right turns and became outspoken for the other side. Medved's name was the first one to come to mind when I read this thread -- even though it was long before Miller's opportunistic swing starboard.

And I liked Miller's comedy; there was an intellectual edge to it that went beyond the average dick joke. And I can still listen to some of it. The calling Democrats pussies who would have sat back and done nothing after 9/11, however, is bullshit and he knows it.

But it paid the bills.

2. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

The events of Sept. 11 occurred on the Republicans' watch. Why would that inspire anyone to become Republican?

3. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

The first post on this thread includes a YouTube link where you can watch his delivery and facial expressions -- and he's not remotely clever or humorous.

4. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Seriously? Do we have to just have the same arguments every couple of years around here because people forget the details?

We could party like it's 2002 and have the same old tired conversation about "the wall" and Clinton bombing empty factories in the Sudan and Osama bin Laden saying he was encouraged by the Somalia climbdown and the East Africa embassy attacks and the Khobar Towers bombing and it goes on and on and on and on, but I'd clearly be wasting my time. So let's just pretend we did have that conversation and I won you over. How does that sound?

5. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Well, that certainly explains it.

6. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I don't think he was ever really liberal, though he used to be libertarian. But he was pro-death penalty long before 9/11.

7. We could, but you're too smart not to remember that The Wall was not the Clinton people's doing, or not to remember that this WH abandoned the Clinton people's focus on OBL simply because it was something the Clinton people were doing. (It wasn't Bill Clinton who told the CIA briefer, "Well, you've covered your ass" after having been warned about OBL), or not to remember that Clinton actually read his PDB's every day, so I guess we shouldn't.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Man, that is one satisfied-looking face.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. I am bulletproof, beeyotches.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Did I mention I'm from a place called Hope?

What kind of pie y'all got?

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

As my wife always say, "A satisfied president is a good president."

By the way, this goes not only for Miller, but also for the likes of Janeane Garafalo -- if you start having sacred cows, you're dead as a comedian.

Draft saved Draft deleted