1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dennis Miller is no Keith Olbermann

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Jun 13, 2007.

1. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Miller's FOX rant on Harry Reid:

1. Reid is physically unattractive.

2. Reid’s voice is “whiny” and unpleasant to listen to.

3. Reid’s rhetoric on the war has been “bleak.”

4. Reid is irrelevant (specifically, he has “deluded himself into thinking that he matters”).

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So what the Dems need is a hot woman with an FM voice who is chipper about the war and who has a higher title than Senate majority leader?

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Aaaaaah . . . tougher to be funny when you've devolved into a corporate toady, eh, Denny? . . .

4. By "FM voice" do you mean she needs to sound like Delilah?

5. Your career's lookin' like roadkill stew, chachi.

6. There hasn't been a pitch that weak since Skip Kennedy let Jose Canseco shred his UCL against the Red Sox.

Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I don't condemn Dennis for going conservative. I condemn him because he decided being conservative meant he had to stop being funny.

8. DanOregon

I've wondered if there isn't a master's thesis in the number of middle-of-the-road to lefties who have become post-9/11 conservatives. It seems the highest number of them came from a generation that railed against Vietnam and now safely out of Army service age, have become very pro-war. Really odd.

9. Michael Berube came up with the best formulation of the phenomenon I've ever read:

"I used to be a Democrat, but because of 9/11, I am very outraged about Chappaquiddick."

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That line's funnier than anything Dennis Miller has done in a decade...

11. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Miller was at his best when he'd have to stop in the middle of a rant and laugh at himself just a little bit. When he takes himself seriously, it's just not that funny, but angry instead.

12. DanOregon

He comes off as Dana Carvey's "Grumpy Old Man" character ....."and we liked it.."

Draft saved Draft deleted