1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dennis Hastert is a total stroke

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pringle, Oct 5, 2006.

1. That's a pretty heavily Republican district. I don't think that seat was going Dem if Foley didn't run again.

2. And then Hastert gets tarred by the loony left because he's forcing a gay man out of politics. He can't win.

Hastert was a high school wrestling coach for years before he went into politics. I'd be surprised if he even tacitly allowed to fester a situation where kids could be put in danger.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

There's a massive difference between a pedophile, which Foley appears to be, and a gay man. A pedophile is a predator. A gay man is just like you or I, only attracted to other men. Until Republicans are willing to admit this difference. They'll NEVER understand why what Foley has done is worse than what Frank did.

And I think a lot of politicians lose contact with their souls and become power hungry, leading to things such as Hastert ignoring a pedophile in his party.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You're not attracted to other men? :p

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So when you are caught speeding, does the "a buncha other cars were speeding too!" defense work very well for you?

6. Boy, they're floundering.
    Find me anyone on "the left" -- loony or otherwise -- of any significance who's criticized Hastert for forcing a gay man out of politics. And the fact to the matter is that the problems with Foley were deliberately kept from the Democratic members of the page board until the whole thing blew up last week.
    It's all yours, boys. It's no more a both-sides problem than the pedophilia scandal belonged equally to the Catholics and the Buddhists.

7. sportschick

Dammit! I meant members of the same sex. . . Dammit! Dammit! Dammit!

8. No, I said that if Hastert forced Foley out of seeking re-election, then you'd tar and feather him because he bounced a gay man out of politics. And don't tell me you wouldn't.

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I don't see those guys' transgressions in the same zip code as Foley's or Hastert's.

You are pathetic.

10. sportschick

Again, you fail grasp that Foley is a pedophile and that that is why he was forced out and not because he happens to be gay. There is a massive difference between a pedophile and a gay man. Accept it.

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

It's in-fucking-credible that people don't know the difference.

12. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Another reason the "you liberals would have been up in arms had Hastert evicted Foley a year or two ago" talking point doesn't hold water is because Foley -- thanks to these, uh, developments -- recently confirmed his homosexuality, after years of denying it publicly.

It's my understanding that the only openly gay Republican in Congress is Jim Kolbe, the Arizona member of the House who is retiring. (His vacant seat, BTW, is a certain Democratic pickup.)

Draft saved Draft deleted