1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dennis Hastert is a total stroke

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pringle, Oct 5, 2006.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Actually, no he didn't. Armitage already admitted to it. But keep lying often enough, and you'll think it's the truth. It's pretty much all I've ever seen you do of late.

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Tony, the smart thing to do when I handed you your ass on page 5 of this thread would have been to put down the keyboard and move away quietly. Yet you keep bumping this thread up the board so folks can see what a complete lack of reasoning you display.

3. tony --
    Rove gave the in formation to Matt Cooper of Time. He admit it. Cooper admits it.
    Why in hell can't you?

4. If you guys had your way, you'd ban every conservative from this board.

5. Tinfoil soldiers, forward march!

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Hell, no.

Take your best shot. Everybody's welcome.

All we ask is truthfulness and accuracy.

7. old_tony

Whatever Rove told Cooper was after the fact. The point of contention in the case came in a Robert Novak column that same week, not any story by Cooper. The background that Rove gives Cooper after that is inconsequential. Your contention is that Rove released Plame's name for political payback. Problem is, it was already out there from Armitage revealing it and it being reported in the Novak column.

Read Cooper's story yourself and it's clear that this was background information on who authorized Wilson's trip, not political payback. But, another post, another misleading claim by Fenian. And so it goes.

8. dog428

dog428 Active Member

So, let me get this straight, Wilson criticizes the Bush administration's Iraq plan and calls into question some of the claims they're making, a few days later his wife, a covert CIA agent working to fight terrorism, has her identity tossed around by the White House staff in conversations with reporters. And you believe that there's some coincidence involved?

Let me ask you this: When you completely sell out to a political party and devote your life to defending every dumbass move that party makes, as you obviously have, do you get an ID card or something?

9. old_tony

Such a rich fantasy life you must live. The question before us is whether Hastert orchestrated an elaborate coverup, not whether Hastert knew Foley was gay and had sent some questionable e-mails that the FBI deemed not actionable. Hastert confronted Foley and thought that would be enough. In the end, it wasn't. But there's an incredibly huge chasm between knowing that Foley was gay and a little creepy and not doing quite enough about it vs. an orchestrated coverup. You guys haven't even begun to cross that chasm.

I guess the solution in your eyes is that as soon as it's found out a congressman is gay and has talked to a page that he be drummed out of congress. Please put that one forth if you'd like.

Foley's gone. You guys want to win at all costs so you're creating a storm of wishful thinking that you can take down other Republicans for Foley's behavior simply because they were "evil" enough to be Republican. But Hastert isn't playing your game. And it pisses you off.

10. old_tony

So why hasn't Rove been charged then? It's a pretty simple question. Not only was he not charged with anything, he's still in his job and hasn't been forced out. If he was guilty of anything at all, you can rest assured Fitz would have at least made him leave his job to not be charged. Why do you think that didn't happen,, dog? Got another made-up, lying answer for that one?

As for the ID card, you tell me. I bet I vote for more Democrats in November than you vote for Republicans.

11. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Not charged isn't the same as not guilty and they're both a helluva long way from innocent. And this White House is Rove's White House. Make no mistake about that. He leaves when he feels it's best for him to leave. The chimp he placed in the big chair has no say whatsoever about that.

And anything above the local level, you push the button and vote straight down the line. There are many, many conservative folks on this board who I believe look at the facts and records of candidates and discard their political affiliation when casting votes. You are not one of them. No one who spews such unbelievable partisan nonsense would do otherwise.

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Bush.... DeLay.... Cunningham... Ney... Foley.

And Jack Abramoff. That is just starting to come to a boil. The White House said it had had no contact with the guy. Now we find out, the WH had almost 500 contacts with the guy.

The White House tried sneaking the Ralston resignation out at 5 p.m. Friday during the Bermuda Triangle news cycle, but that is a significant development.

Draft saved Draft deleted