1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dennis Hastert is a total stroke

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pringle, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I keep forgetting how lucky you pricks are that Fitz-mas fizzled.

How many blatant instances of criminality can a party represent?

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

We're lucky? (Or did you really mean to say 'lucking'?) Because, once again, Rove did nothing wrong despite your contentions that he's evil?

If every time you're wrong it means we're lucky, then I'll be running out to pick up some lottery tickets about now.

3. Rove cut a deal with Fitzgerald for a reason.
    And it's not his great desire to make sure the facts come to light.
    Five sessions before the Grand Jury?
    He's singing on something.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

What you're left with, as is usually the case with useful idiots like o. tony and Merloni, is a set of poorly assembled facts, semi-facts, misstatements and blatant lies, all of which is yoked to a creaking cartload of extreme right-wing kookery.

You are being poisoned by your "elected leaders," boys. It's time to administer the gastric lavage.

5. old_tony

Since Armitage came out and said it was him, what would Rove need to cut a deal for? Again, F_B's fantasies get the best of him. There was no deal. There was no deal needed. Rove didn't do what the left fantasized him to have done. Just shows you're continued lack of credibility.

Only in Fenian world is an appearance before a grand jury a conviction. Nice country you'd have with that thinking.

6. Armitage said he leaked the name once.
    Which, of course, doesn't mean that there wasn't a concreted effort to destroy Valerie Plame's career that involved, you know, other people, despite waht you may have heard on your favorite radio programmes.

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I thought this thread was about Denny Hastert's cover up in Foleygate.

8. It still is.
    Sorry about my part in the 'jack.

9. old_tony

And yet Rove was never charged with a thing other than in the media. But Fennian says guilty, so guilty it must be. Is your real name Adopf?

10. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Keep on dreaming, dipshit.

From Reuters: "A new Time magazine poll found a majority of Americans, 54 percent, thought Bush misled the country in making his case for the Iraq war, and a new AP/Ipsos poll gave Democrats an edge over Republicans in fighting terrorism -- usually a Republican strength."

Face it, a majority of the country -- many of who voted for Fredo TWICE -- now find the asshole to be a dishonest crook, which he is. And all the stupid shit the Republicans have attempted to pull off over the past four or five years is slowly catching up.

Oh, and stop whining about the Dems holding onto this story until Oct. Maybe you've not ventured from Fox News over the past two years, but there's been really no chance to hold onto one story. It's been one screwup after another from the GOP. I mean, damn, pick an area and the Republicans have done something amazingly stupid, crooked or downright illegal. Pick a month and I'll give you a scandal.

And you talking about the Dems hypocrisy is like, well, you or any other Republican talking about anyone's ethics, morals or values. All that talking about the Dems would mean a whole helluva lot more if your party had done ANYTHING right over the last six years. And I do mean ANYTHING. Until that happens, just shut up.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Well, at least they steal and misrepresent, beautifully . . .

Give credit, where credit's due . . .

12. If he's cooperatng with Fitzgerald, he's likely not going to be charged.
    he leaked the name of a covert operative as a means of political payback. Period.
    Criminal or not, he shouldn;t be within 10 miles of a security clearance.
    And Hastert's a fool and a liar.

Draft saved Draft deleted