1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dennis Hastert is a total stroke

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pringle, Oct 5, 2006.

1. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

dog, don't you know Lyman specializes in Real Clear Politics and the Powerline blog featuring the fucking idiot, John Hinderaker?

It doesn't matter, really. All the talking points come from the same place.

And yes, I'll say it: Studds was a degenerate who should have resigned from office. I thought that was pretty much established, but as a Democrat on this board, I'm expected to apologize for the Vietnam War as the daily evidence of our colossal fuck-up in Iraq continues to roll in, so if denouncing Studds makes the righties feel better, there you go. And if Andrew Jackson did something sexually seedy, I'm also sorry.

And guys, it must be really, really frustrating that your "you would have said" assertions and attempts to shift the argument to Foley's homosexuality to paint Dems as some sort of homophobes aren't working. But by all means, keep trying.

And Lyman, don't you think Bill Clinton was told to "cut it out" somewhere along the line? But I'm quite sure that YOU WOULD HAVE SAID that action wasn't stern or preventative enough.

2. At least get the guy's name right.

"Studds."

Interesting name, considering what he did.

3. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15167150/site/newsweek/
    Hmm. I'm no expert but these don't look like very good numbers.

4. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Bad keystrokes during a typing flurry. So sue me.

And I changed Jefferson to Andrew Jackson, lesat I get called that the party was called Democratic-Republican during TJ's day.

5. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Piteous, dying gasps before Election Day. Sayonara!

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I've never seen a party have SO much happen during a short time span that made them the party of corruption as the GOP has since Bush has been in office.

7. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

You remember that dating game show from the early '90s that was named after him, right?

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

And the really funny part is your side still won't win.

Dems knew they needed an October surprise (that will be worn out by a week from now, by the way), because they know they can't talk about their incredible weakness on national security, what is considered next-to-full employment, a record-high Dow ... So their buddies at some Soros-funded website got some dirt on Foley in April, then when Foley resigns, they go after Hastert -- who only saw the IMs for the first time in September while they had them in April -- for "not protecting kids." Seems if they were so interested in protecting kids, they'd have released the IMs in April, not October. But the leftist hypocracy really knows no ends.

9. old_tony

So all the contestants were 17-year-old boys?

10. Jesus, you do realize that there is an actual timeline of actual events that indicates that this entire post is completely fantastical, right? No matter what you heard on your favorite radio show.
    And the biggest nationa-security hit on the Republicans came last week courtesy of that well-known Soros-funded lefty organization, the national intelligence communtity.

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Foley will be the gift that keeps giving.

And, God help you if Hastert doesn't resign by vote day.

Of course, that would leave Boehner to answer his questions.

12. old_tony

We shall see. But I'm betting Foley will be forgotten in two weeks and by the election the American people will know a lot more about the Democrats that will have them holding their noses. It's already becoming obvious that they've badly overplayed this current circus. I'm betting that your's and dog's and bastard's orgasms wear out by around Thursday. And since you guys are all so typical of the left, you'll soon need something else to froth about. And when it doesn't come, but your side starts getting hit by the revelations of how this was all played out for political advantage by a lefty hit group, Foley -- even though he's complete scum -- will be long forgotten and won't be dragging down any other Republicans. Make your hay now, but don't be surprised if it's all gone up in smoke by November. Kind of like how your Fitz-mas fizzled out when you guys were all in a tizzy about how you were bringing down Rove.

Draft saved Draft deleted