1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dennis Green, to the white courtesy phone, please

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Jan 1, 2007.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

2. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Re: Dennis Green, please come to the white courtesy phone

Happy New Year, Dennis!

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

He was what we thought he was. Toast.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Famous last words ...

5. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

"I'm exactly who I thought I was!!!"

6. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Guess Bidwell thought his coaching was "bullsh*t-bullsh*t."

So is ESPN going to bump his son from the radio side to bring Pops Green back? Or maybe he can take Jim Mora, Sr.'s recently vacated spot on Fox Sports Radio?

I like Green, as much as it's fun to mess with him. He'll land on his feet. He's a smart guy.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It's easy to take shots at him. But he's not a bad Xs and Os offensive coach. His judgments about players are sometimes way off, though. Watching Pete Kendall lead block on two sweeps yesterday, which went for big gains for the Jets, was a reminder of that. But Green can be a winning coach somewhere else if he gets paired up with the right personnel guy, who keeps him in check. I hope he gets another shot.

8. Re: Dennis Green, please come to the white courtesy phone

Green's problem is he's sometimes prone to carrying a grudge. he didn't get rid of Pete Kendall so much because he thought he couldn't play as much as he was pissed that Kendall was one of the whistle-blowers on the Cardinals having too many too intense "voluntary" offseason workouts.

As soon as Green found out Kendall was among those voicing their displeasure, he showed him the door.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

I'll take the high road on this one.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Frankly, if Denny Green would ever get back into the college game, he'd be superb there like he was before. That venue is more suited to him.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

He'll never get paired with the right personnel guy, because his ego is bigger than his waistline.

And I'll never forget how he went soft in the 1998 NFC championsihp game against the Falcons. He had the most potent offense of all-time and took a knee near midfield at the end of the first half and, I believe, regulation.

He's an awful, awful, awful coach. I can't believe anyone would be dumb enough to hire him again.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

BYH, he is NOT an awful coach. He proved that at several stops prior to coach-killing Arizona.

Draft saved Draft deleted