1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dennis Dodd interview tantrum

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Mar 29, 2015.

1. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Touche. Perhaps I was giving him the benefit of forethought, something often found lacking in people who spout off on Twitter.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Of course it's common. But, almost always, they have something to say.

Remember who asked: The guy from CBSSports.com, the online home of the network broadcasting the whole damn thing.

I know, I know: There's only one way to see this. There's not, but there is.

3. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

If Rodgers says anything other than, "I'm just happy they won." he looks like a douche trying to make it all about him.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

So? Why does it matter who asked to interview him? He's not there for CBS or any other media. He has no obligation to talk to any of them.

poindexter likes this.
  5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Back to the rights debate. Of course there's no obligation. Life is made up of more categories than obligatory and non-obligatory.

6. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

So what are you saying? That he shouldn't have been on the floor? That given his fame and access to the floor, he should have made himself available for an interview? Obviously he doesn't HAVE to do anything, but are saying he can't just be a fan because he is an NFL MVP?

I honestly don't know what point you are trying to make. It may be a good one, I just can't figure out what it is.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't know if Alma is a liberal. I do know Alma reminds me of the Robert Frost quote "a liberal is a man too broad-minded to take his own side in a quarrel."

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Well, initially my point was Jason King's tweet about Rodgers being "classy" isn't any more endearing to me than anything Dodd wrote. And it's not.

I get the gist of what Dodd meant: Here's a celebrity indulging in Wisconsin celebration privileges more or less because he's a celebrity but stiffing people for interviews more or less because, well, he felt like it. I get that irritation. That's it. That's all. I could easily see myself being in the "who's that guy think he is" shoes.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Real point is this: What, Dodd didn't have *any*thing else to write about, what getting to cover Wisco going back to the Final 4?

What a treat to be there in person for such a nut-busting game. Instead of writing about that he lost his shit over the nothingest nothing in all of nothingville.

That said, did he file a column about the game?

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He did. He was beside himself that Josh Gasser assaulted Reggie Miller's eyes with the universal symbol for Big Balls regarding Sam Dekker.

It was not Dodd's finest workday as a journalist.

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Yeah, because he felt like not being interviewed.
    Because he's on vacation. Because he wants to relax.

Sometimes the moment doesn't have to be all him.
    Or, really, all about Dennis Dodd and his column that day.
    I'd say Rodgers is entitled to that.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Come on up here, Dennis. First beer's on me.

Draft saved Draft deleted